Appearance and Uniform
Please wear our uniform with pride
We take great pride in the appearance of our students and in the co-operation of parents on this matter. We feel that this has helped the general discipline and tone of the school. Fashion items are not part of the school uniform; please see below for further guidance. The overriding factor in our choice is that students should wear safe, practical clothing, which reflects a smart, dignified appearance. The school reserves the right to take disciplinary action against any student whose uniform does not comply with these requirements.
The school will be the final arbiter on what is deemed to be acceptable as school uniform.
All students must be in school uniform from Years 7 – 11 inclusive.
Blazer and Tie
- Navy blue blazer with school badge
- School tie – clip on
- Black blazers
- Plain white with collar
- Plain style
- Buttoned to the collar
- Tucked in at the waist
- Polo shirt
- Round collar
- Fitted fashion shirts
- Black straight leg/boot cut school trousers.
- Black pleated knee length school skirt
- Tight/skinny trousers
- Fashion trousers
- Stretch skirts
- Skirts which are too short/tight
- Wrap around skirts
- Plain navy blue v neck jumper
- Black jumpers
- Plain black leather school shoes
- Practical and safe style
- Canvas pumps
Socks OR Tights
- Plain black, white or navy
- Plain black or natural
- Bright coloured or patterned socks
- Leggings/footless tights
- Patterned tights
- One wristwatch
- One pair of small studs (5mm) or small hoop earrings (10mm)
- Hats, gloves, scarfs (optional) – plain navy blue or black
- One flat ring
- Other piercings
- Excessive make up
- Nail varnish and long nails
- Nail extensions/false nails
- Hairstyles should be of a sensible nature for school – they should not have the effect of drawing attention to the student concerned.
- Long hair to be tied (if desired) discreetly with a navy blue/black accessory
- Unnatural variations in colour
- Dip dyed hair
- Shaved patterns
- Additional hair accessories
- Plain and dark in colour
- To be removed in lessons, registration and assembly
- Leather jackets
- Pen (and a spare)
- Pencil (and a spare)
- Coloured pencils
- Pencil case
- Navy t-shirt
- Navy 1/4 zip jumper (optional)
- Navy waterproof coat (optional)
- Plain black shorts
- Plain black leggings (optional)
- Plain black jogging bottoms (optional)
- Navy socks
- Trainers and 3G football boots (for the new football pitch)
- A gum shield is recommended; these are sold through the PE department.
Our uniform is available from:
- Uniformality of Borrowash (http://www.uniformality.co.uk/)
- Morleys of Chilwell (http://www.schoolwearsolutions.com/)
- Simply First (http://www.schooluniformnottingham.com)
- Academy School Uniforms (http://www.just-schoolwear.co.uk/shop/Friesland-School.html)
- M3C Sports Supplies (https://www.m3csports.com/friesland-school-pe-uniform.html)
Ties, hats and scarves can be purchased from the School.
Whilst high street stores have uniform sections please be aware that they do not always comply with our uniform policy as these stores are primarily fashion retailers and not official school wear suppliers.
Please contact the school if you are unsure of the suitability of any uniform.