The Quality of Education
At Friesland we want our students to experience a world class education. Our aim is to put in place a curriculum that is outstanding.
The school’s curriculum is coherently planned and sequenced towards cumulatively sufficient knowledge and skills for future learning and employment.
At Friesland we strive to create:
- Successful students who enjoy their learning and make exceptional progress in an environment that both supports and challenges them
- Confident and creative young people who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- Respectful citizens able to make a positive contribution to both the local and wider society
- Young people who read widely for pleasure, and will do so for life
Underpinning those aims is our overall strategic intent to develop a curriculum which:
- Is broad and balanced
- Creates a culture of high achievement for all students
- Allows all students to progress, no matter what their starting point or individual need
- Allows all students to achieve and celebrate success
- Gives students the time and space to grow and mature academically, socially and creatively
We believe our curriculum is ambitious and designed to give all pupils, particularly disadvantaged pupils and including pupils with SEND, the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life