Before an examination
Read through the rules for an examination published by the examining boards. They are for your protection and will be strictly enforced. A copy is enclosed and can be found outside every exam room.
Note that breaking of the rules only needs to be suspected for action to be taken
From the timetable work out exactly when your examination will take place and turn up at school at least 20 minutes before your exam is due to start.
If you are ill
Please contact the school as soon as possible
If you do not attend and have not informed the school of a reason you may be charged for the cost of that examination
If you are ill, it might be necessary to make an appeal to the board, so you should get a medical certificate from your doctor at the time you are ill
On the day of the exam
You must be in school by 8.40am for morning exams and 12.40pm for afternoon exams and gather outside the Sports Centre
Morning exams start at 9.00pm
Afternoon exams start at 1.00pm
It is your responsibility to be at the right place at the right time on the right day!
If you have transport difficulties, telephone us and let us know. If you enter the examination room 30 minutes after the start you may not be allowed to sit the examination.
Please remember that revision sessions run from 8.15 – 9.00am and 12.25 – 12.45 on exam days
Materials to bring
- Two black ball point pens
- A ruler
- Special materials for specific examinations (check this with your teachers)
- A pencil
- A clean rubber and sharpener
- Coloured pencils (optional) for diagrams
- All of these must be inside a clear pencil case
- 6th formers must bring their ID badges with them and display them on their exam desk
Do not bring
- iPods/MP3/4 players
- any products with text/digital facilities
Rules for calculators
- You may use a silent, battery operated calculator for any examination unless told otherwise
- You may not share or borrow a calculator once an exam has started
- You must ensure that your calculator is working properly before the exam starts
- Lids must be removed
- No operating instructions may be taken into an examination – know how it works
- No prepared programmes may be taken into an exam
- Information and/or programmes stored in the calculator memory must be cleared before an examination
A Level Results’ Date – Thursday, 16 August 2018
9:00 – 12:00
GCSE Results’ Date – Thursday, 23 August 2018
- Years 11 – 9.00am – 12.00
- Year 9 – 10am – 12.00 (this is so we can prioritise Year 11 results)
For reasons of confidentiality and security, results will NOT be given by telephone.
Result slips may be collected by candidates from the Common Room in the Sixth Form block at the following times:
Results will be posted to candidates if a pre-stamped, self-addressed envelope is left with the Examination Officer.
Any remaining result slips will be given out at the beginning of term in September.