As you are no doubt aware, the subject of school meals has received much attention in the media recently, and with the government introducing new guidelines we thought it would be appropriate to update you on the provision of school meals at Friesland School.
As a school, we have been encouraging healthier eating since 2003. The new food based standards from September 2007 cover food provided during the whole school day. We provide the following on a daily basis:
- A range of healthy salads
- Freshly made filled rolls and wraps on a variety of breads
- A choice of pasta and rice dishes
- Daily ‘traditional’ meals, meat and vegetarian
- Fish is available daily
- Healthy cakes, puddings and yogurts
- A wide variety of fresh fruit
- Jacket potatoes and other non-fried potato items
- Free, fresh drinking water is available for all pupils
- Pupils bringing packed lunches are able to purchase items
Open from 8.00am to 8.20am every day. We serve an assortment of breakfast cereals, hot breakfast items, and drinks.
Break Time / Tuck Shops
(for Year 10 and 11 students only)
At break time, Year 10 and 11 students are allowed to purchase filled rolls and wraps, hot bagels, fruit and various drinks that are all within the new government guidelines.
Parent Pay Information for Lunch Accounts
All Year 7’s will receive a letter with their unique code to be used with the Parent Pay Website this will be issued in the next two weeks when term has started.
In the meantime – Cheques made payable to Friesland School with your Son/Daughter’s name and form on the back can be used or Cash/Notes which can be revalued in the machine by your Son/Daughter.
If you wish to speak to our Catering Team we are available Mon – Friday from 6.30am on extension 132 (Please avoid lunchtimes if possible).