Big thankyou to our first sponsors, Moorleys Print & Publishing Ltd. To find out more, click here.
Project Laser Cutter
The aim of the project is to raise £20,000 to buy a Denford Large Format VLS Series Lasers cutter and all the accessories required to have a professional laser cutter.
Large Format VLS Series Lasers are free standing laser units with a large working area. There are numerous models and power options available to accommodate a wide range of budgets and applications including cutting, deep engraving, precision scribing, decorative etching on wood plastic, fabric, leather, paper, rubber and also the marking of glass, ceramic, metal and stone.
Who will benefit from the Laser Cutter?
- Students will improve knowledge and skills in the latest technology
- Students can make products which can be sold
- Opens up opportunities for the Technology Department to run extra-curricular engineering course
- The students can get more involved in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education projects
- Primary schools will be invited to learn and use the laser cutter
- Local engineering businesses can have input into the skills they need to ensure the get the best future engineers
- Local engineering businesses seeking apprentices and new employees will know that Friesland students have practical hands-on experience with industry equipment
How to sponsor us
Contact Sharon Dewfall on (0115) 9397326