Go on a Journey! Navigate from A to B safely, become a First Aider, learn something and most importantly, have fun! The Duke of Edinburgh Award is the world’s leading achievement award for young people. At Friesland school we are excited and proud to offer our students this opportunity.
You can take part in DofE if you are between the ages of 14 to 24. We currently run a Bronze Award group for year 10 run by Mr Stanley (DofE Leader) and for year 12 students. Students can then go onto the Silver & Gold Award from year 12 with Miss Hilliard (DofE coordinator).
Friesland students can apply to join at the start of year 10 and Bronze Award applications for this year need to be in by the latest of Friday 21 October to the Art Office by A3.
There are 4 parts to the Award, which are detailed below. We run weekly sessions to help students prepare for their expedition and to support them as they organise and complete their Volunteering, Physical and Skill.
Why take part?
- Make new friends
- Build self confidence
- Challenge yourself and succeed
- Learn new skills
- Improve your fitness
- Better College and job applications
- Have Fun
What is involved?
- Volunteering: undertaking service to individuals or the community
- Physical: improving in an area of sport, dance or fitness activities
- Skills: developing practical , social skills and personal interests
- Expedition: planning, training for and completion of an adventurous journey in the UK or abroad
Find out more: https://www.dofe.org/