Friesland School is once again celebrating excellent results from our students. As we all know, this has been an unprecedented year of incredible challenge for our students, in spite of this we remain incredibly proud of everything they have achieved across their five years with us. The dedication and hard work of the class of 2020 has led to their results, which are in no way diminished by the lack of final exams.
Peter Monk, headteacher, commented: ‘The pandemic has hit this year group particularly hard. Whilst we still hope to hold some events, they have been deprived of the opportunity to celebrate their five years in school properly as well as sit their final examinations to show what they can do. This year group have always been held in high regard by their teachers since Year 7 and they fully deserve the grades they have been awarded today. They are a bright, conscientious year group, we are very proud of their achievements and hope to welcome big number back into our Sixth form next year’.
It is worth highlighting some of the exceptional individual performances across Friesland’s 2020 Y11 class:
- Grace Bennett: 10 Grade 9s
- Jodi Peel: 9 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8
- David Litchfield: 8 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 1 Grade 7
- Josh Bunday: 5 Grade 9s, 2 Grade 8s, 2 Grade 7s
- Marco Manivannan: 6 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 3 Grade 7s
- Laura Monk: 3 Grade 9s, 5 Grade 8s, 1 Grade 7
- Izzy Farmer: 4 Grade 9s, 3 Grade 8s, 2 Grade 7s
- Anna Gray: 2 Grade 9s, 5 Grade 8s, 3 Grade 7s
- Libby Stevens: 3 Grade 9s, 2 Grade 8s, 4 Grade 7s
- Harvey Mason: 1 Grade 9, 5 Grade 8s, 3 Grade 7s and 1 Grade 6