Friesland School is today celebrating record-breaking GCSE results.
Headteacher Peter Monk commented: ‘It is easy to say ‘best-ever results’ but literally these are the best GCSE results the school has ever achieved. I am so proud today of the achievements of students and staff alike as it is a team approach that has led to this success. It is a complicated year in terms of accountability measures with both ‘new’ and ‘old’ ones in circulation. With regards to ‘new’ measures we are confident that our Attainment 8 score of 52.1 will be well above average and that our Progress 8 score will be a strongly positive one having applied the most recent co-efficients provided. With regards to ‘old’ measures, 72% of students achieved higher grades in both English and mathematics and the progress data for both subjects was exceptional. Across the board, students have performed extremely well’.
The consistently high achievement in English and mathematics is particularly pleasing. At the same time, however, historically Friesland has a history of excellence in Performing Arts and even by their high standards Drama and Dance have performed extremely well this year. Outcomes are also especially strong in MFL, Physics, Computer Science, Geography and Vocational subjects.
There were some truly exceptional individual performances. Special mention must be made of Matthew Osbiston who achieved 10 x *As and 1 x A.
Other standout results include:
- Joe Futter: 8 x *A and 3 x A
- Matthew White: 6 x *A and 5 x A
- Sam Bird: 5 x *A and 6 x A
- Imogen Motler: 5 x *A and 6 x A
- Lydia Taylor: 5 x *A and 6 x A
- Jessica Thompson: 4 x *A and 7 x A
- Nathaniel Weerasooriya: 3 x *A and 7 x A
- Lizzie Sarell: 3 x *A and 5 x A
- Ethan Lee: 2 x *A and 6 x A
- Toby Davies: 2 x *A and 7 x A
- Sarah Thompson: 1 x *A and 7 x A
- Chris Goodall: 1 x *A and 7 x A
- Eleanor Goodwin: 1 x *A and 7 x A
- Matthew Gray: 9 x A and 2 x B
- Adam Pritchard: 9 x A and 2 x B
We congratulate all of our students on their success and look forward to welcoming them back into our Sixth form in September.